Business Development Manager / Milwaukee, WI
Tandem HR is a Professional Employer Organization (PEO) or HR outsourcing company providing custom HR solutions to businesses of all sizes since 1998.
Our vision is to be the first-choice trusted advisor for organizations looking to build an exceptional workplace.
Our mission is to provide customized and high-touch human resource solutions to organizations, enabling their growth and creating phenomenal company cultures.
We pride ourselves on our expert service teams and we’re looking for great professional to support our expansion to the Greater Milwaukee area, support our vision and mission and live out our values.
These are our values: True client partner * Accountability is key * Nonstop exceptional service * Dedicated to success * Expert level of consultation * Maintain high integrity
As a Business Development Consultant, you will be responsible for identifying leads, prospecting, proposing and closing deals while keeping a strong pipeline of organizations interested in PEO services within the small to mid-size market.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Find and develop prospects by networking, referrals, cold calling, direct selling, referral partners etc.
- Employ consultative selling and establish a trusted advisor relationship in order to determine the prospect's needs, create engagement, alignment, desire, and acceptance
- Partner with prospect key decision makers to help them identify areas to contain costs, simplify HR administration, minimize employer related risk and consolidate venders
- Write proposals, put together financial analysis, gain appropriate approvals from your manager, and present approved proposals to prospects
- Build a steady pipeline of prospect and ensure you have them at various stages of the sales process
- Achieve quota targets by meeting sales metrics and quarterly and yearly goals
- Ensure excellent customer service and represent Tandem HR in accordance to the organization’s core values
- Track activities in the sales CRM and update the pipeline report to ensure accurate data at all times
- Travel to prospect’s locations - travel a minimum of once a week to company headquarters for sales meetings
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3-5 years of work experience in consultative sales
- Background in HR, benefits or payroll strongly preferred
- Previous experience with developing leads and prospecting preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
Education and Experience Requirements
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
This job description/posting does not list all the duties and responsibilities of the job. You may be asked to perform other instructions and duties. This document may be revised from time to time and does not constitute a contract of employment.